Developing Mathematical Reasoning K-12 (broken up in grade band groups)
This workshop will be non-traditional in nature. We will be learning together at the ESU with Pam Harris through her Developing Mathematical Reasoning Online Course Modules. Pam is a great math mind. You might recognize her work in Math Is Figureoutable. She has built this course for teachers to take on their own, or in a live setting with a facilitator. Join me and we'll discover:
- How to reach all of your students
- What it means to engage in the work of a mathematician
- The difference between solving a problem with relationships and solving using rote-memorized steps
- How to develop mathematical reasoning in all grade bands
- Cost $100 per person, no more than $500 per district.
- Title IIA funds can cover this cost for participating districts.
Due to the nature of the work there will be a larger stipend of $150 for this workshop.
Any questions please contact Annette Weise.